Looking for the best way to produce t-shirts at home?
The following information is as of 6/14/2023. This is the opinion of Rashard "Mr. FARTS" based on years of research, experience, and how FARTS Find A Reason To Smile ® t-shirts are produced. This is what he's found to be helpful and perhaps you can benefit.
Are you interested in creating your own unique and personalized t-shirts? Producing t-shirts at home is an excellent way to unleash your creativity and showcase your style. Whether you want to start your own clothing brand, create custom designs for personal use, or simply enjoy the process of crafting, this article will guide you through the best way to produce t-shirts in the comfort of your own home.
Long to the short our process includes the following.
-Lay t-shirt on the heat press
-Use a lint roller to gather loose fabric from t-shirt
-Position transfer (design) onto t-shirt
-Press transfer onto the t-shirt at the best temperature, pressure, and time settings
-Peel the sheet at the desired time (hot or cold peel)
-Apply hang tags
The Necessary Materials
To begin your t-shirt production journey, it is essential to gather all the necessary materials. Here's a list of items you will need:
- High-quality Blank T-shirts: Choose t-shirts made from good durable fabric that will provide a comfortable fit.
- Heat transfer vinyl: Use your preferred vinyl and cutter to produce designs. Apply with a heat press. I started out using vinyl for mock-ups and testing.
- Screen Printed Transfers: Apply single color or full color prints to your t-shirts. Transfer using a heat press.
- Heat Press: Industrial heat press recommended. Research what's within budget and make the investment. I started with a hand held heat press before I invested in an industrial swing-away.
- Temperature Gun: BONUS! Most won't tell you but you want an accurate temperature reading from your heat press and using a temperature gun is preferred.
- Scale: Postal scale is preferred.
- Label printer: Thermal is preferred. Functions better in weather and doesn't smear ink.
- Printer: For packaging slips and other crafting uses.
The Extra Mile
Quality is important to the FARTS Find A Reason To Smile brand. We spend time and resources gathering information on the best products that you want and enjoy most. All t-shirts are hand-crafted with an attitude of gratitude. Here's a list of things you can do to help your brand stand out.
- Clear poly mailer bags to add an extra layer of protection to the t-shirt
- Custom packaging that includes your brand name, logo, and website
- Custom hang tags that are applied to t-shirts (Clothes tag gun or bulb pens can be used to apply hang tags)
- Neck labels that are applied to the inside of t-shirts
- Adding stickers, magnets, ink pens, keychains, or any other extra item to the order
- Hand written note to the customer
- Adding discounts
With the steps outlined in this article, you are well on your way to becoming a t-shirt production expert. Enjoy the process, experiment with different techniques, and let your imagination run wild. Start producing your own fabulous t-shirts at home.
11x14 Clear Poly Mailer Bags
12x18 Clear Poly Mailer Bags
Metal Bulb Shape Black Safety Pins
Heat Press Pillow for Transfers Teflon Sheets
Digital Postal Shipping Scale with AC Adapter
Heat Temperature Temp Gun Infrared Thermometer
Fine Clothing Price Tagging Gun Set